Philippine Red Cross to provide assistance for Holy Week, shares road safety tips for families
In line with the upcoming Holy Week observance, The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) will be deploying 2,000 of their staff and volunteers nationwide, along with 150 ambulances to provide first aid assistance in case of emergency situations, as announced in their official website.
There will be first aid stations, welfare desks, emergency vehicles and ambulances assigned in 34 bus terminals, 42 major highways, 54 churches, 13 beach areas, and 9 sea ports. In addition, there will also be stations in parks, pilgrimage areas, and other destinations. Referral assistance, psychosocial support, and tracing assistance for those with missing companions will also be provided.
“We put up our welfare desks in different strategic places to accommodate the travelers’ inquiries and concerns. These desks will be in operation for the entire holy week. Our goal is to make sure our countrymen are safe,” said PRC Chairman and CEO Richard Gordon.
Apart from that, the PRC also shared its 10 road safety tips for motorists who will be driving back to their respective provinces:
- Use a seatbelt / Child Car Seats
- Wear a helmet on a motorcycle
- Drive at a safe speed and distance suitable for the condition
- Not drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Not use a mobile phone when driving
- Be visible as a pedestrian or cyclist
- Know and respect the highway codes
- Maintain my vehicle in a good condition
- Be licensed and trained for the vehicle drive
- Know how to react in case of a crash
In case of emergency, you may reach the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) through its 24/7 Operations Center by dialing 143 or 790-23-00.